Sunday, June 14, 2009

conviction no more?

is it possible to go through seasons of conviction? During what has become weekly coffee and accountability with a friend i had to sheepishly discuss the fact that i reactivated one of my two former online networking sites. She told me that stepping away for a season may have been an adequate break, but to honestly evaluate my time spent, and how it can affect my thought life. And really, thus far, i don't feel like having facebook is a stumbling block...sure, there are some people on my friends list whom i have zero reason to foster a relationship with, but on the whole, the same pressing feeling isn't there as it was in February.

so, i have to assume, that as we are set free from certain burdens as we walk through life, that our convictions can and do change? I do want to continue to be prayerful around the matter, and respectful to Caleb because he isn't too keen on social networking. if i start to sense that having a profile completely about myself is getting in the way of where I want my identity to reside which is Jesus, than it's time for the account to go [again].

it's kind of embarrassing to present these struggles for all to see, but I guess one could call it accountability? ;)

that's all, short blog...i'm exhausted and Caleb just returned from hanging out with the guys so I want to go close out the day with him!

KBA