Monday, January 26, 2009

Ensenada, my love


just a few days after our vows were declared
I found myself in your arms taking in the warm Mexico sun
bumping through the streets in a rickety tour bus
the same bus that would later collide with a battered blue truck and leave all a little stunned

and there in Ensenada I knew I would love you all my life
I felt entrenched by the faith I had in both marriage and in you
watching children run bare footed up dusty streets
wondering what it would be like to have children of our own

part of my heart rests in the memory of our time there
in those early days after taking on your monogram
and every day after has been a whirlwind of alchemy and prayers
always striving to be the wife you deserve, and never forgetting
Ensenada, my love

*to: Caleb Marc*